Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Day the Flu Hit Mommy

So this post will be a "boo hoo", "whoa is me" one! I *knew* I was getting sick 2 days ago but with some extra water & rest I thought I was out of the woods...well this morning when I awoke I can tell you that I am not even near the edge of the woods!!!
My whole entire body ached like someone had assaulted me with a crow bar, the chills, the fever (don't know my exact temp as the thermometer died!), ugh! Then I realized that there was NO way dear hubby could stay home, he had a continuing ed class this afternoon...so I sucked it up as best as I could & so far have made it through the day...now granted I haven't showered yet, I am still in pajamas as our the 2 little ones but who cares! I am counting down the minutes to when Daddy comes through the door & I can escape to my soft, cozy, heated bed! Oh the small joys in life!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better!
    And, really, it takes the flu to have a PJ day?
    We have one of those days every couple weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I do, after many days of not feeling well...all we have had this winter is a round of colds...it goes "round" there, comes "round" here! LOL
    Oh please I stay in jammies (or the better word "loungewear") a lot of days when we are staying in, esp in the winter & in this cold house! Maya (the baby) wears her Carter's footie pj's a lot, it keeps her toes warm! 8)

    ReplyDelete