Monday, February 23, 2009

Here is something I wrote last week when I was having a "feel sorry for Melanie" moment...


A Mother’s Blessing
By Melanie Trinkle

When I hear that loud toy being pressed over & over & over again I have to bite my tongue to say “Quit”…for that means I have ears to hear!
When I look down at my kitchen floor & I see dog hair tumble by or dirt from the muddy shoes someone didn’t take off at the door, I have to bite my tongue…for that means I have eyes to see!

When I finally get to sit down to eat my once hot but now cold dinner & sigh to myself I have to bite my tongue…for that means I have something to eat, even if it is cold!

When I am tired of all the housework, of all the laundry, of all the checking of homework I have to bite my tongue…for that means I have a home to live in, I have clothes to wear, & I have children, the greatest gift God has ever given me!

No comments:

Post a Comment